Minutes of the LION Board Meeting
May 27, 2008
Mitchell College, New London, Connecticut
PRESENT: Gale Bradbury, LB/LG; Katie Brossard, MC; Barbara Cangiano, BR; Peter Ciparelli, NL; Lew Daniels, WS; Jan Day, WD; Mary Fiorelli, OL; Alan Hagyard, LION; Pat Johnson, WA; Stephanie Johnson, GU; Vince Juliano, MD; Lydia Main, EL; Kelly Marszycki, RA; Cornell McNair, NW; Cindy Muhlbach, HA; Kathy Rieger, BR; Suzanne Risley, MC; Karen Roesler, ME; Tara Samuel, NL; Leslie Scherer, WA; Marie Shaw, EH; Cyndi Shirshac, DU; Paula Soares, MD; Lisa Timothy, EL; Nancy Wardell, GU
I. CALL TO ORDER: At 9:50 a.m. Suzanne Risley welcomed the Board to Mitchell College for its meeting and the Planning Retreat. Mary Fiorelli called the business meeting to order.
II. ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The minutes of the March 25, 2008 were approved as written.
V. TREASURER’S REPORT: Kelly had no additional comments to the treasurer’s report. It will be filed for audit.
- FY 2009 Budget: Kelly presented a proposed budget for fiscal year 2009. The budget was approved. Motion by Lydia, second by Gale.
- NEXT MEETING: Alan proposed increasing the time between board meetings now that most of the work related to the Millennium migration is complete. The Board asked him to draft a schedule for meetings every two months.
- LION staff:
- Alan updated the Board on the addition of Case Memorial Library (Orange, CT) to LION in July. Its data will start appearing on the system.
- Alan reported that both Wallingford and Meriden have opened up their collections for transit hold purposes so that patrons of LION libraries would all enjoy similar access to materials. He asked other member libraries to do the same for an experimental period of approximately three months.
- Alan recommended that Andy be permitted to work one day per week in New London. Peter has a small office space that he has offered for that purpose. Motion by Lydia, second by Kathy that Alan work up to one day per week in New London – Motion Passed.
- LION Committees:
Mary reported that, due to Bridget’s relocation, the LION Board will have a change in officers. Motion by Leslie, second by Lydia that Kathy progress from the office of secretary to the office of vice-president/president-elect and that Vince serve as secretary through December 2008 – Motion Passed.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS – None
IX. NEW BUSINESS – None
A motion was made to adjourn at 10:25 a.m. in order to proceed with the LION Board Strategic Planning Retreat, starting with Katie Brossard’s introduction to the Strategic Planning Blog at lioninc.wordpress.com/.
Vince Juliano, Secretary