Minutes of the Annual LION Board Meeting
December 19, 2006
Russell Library, Middletown, Connecticut
PRESENT: Barbara Cangiano, BRB; Cyndi Shirshac, DUR; Valerie Kilmartin, DUR; Kelly Marszycki, ELR; Marie Shaw, ELH; Lydia Main, ELY; Bridget Quinn-Carey, ESX; Stephanie Johnson, GUI; Nancy Wardell, GUI; Ann Penfield, HAD; Gale Bradbury, LED; Sandy Long, MAD; Paula Soares, MDT; Vince Juliano, MDT; Nancy Lauretano, MRD; Peter Ciparelli, NLN; Mary Fiorelli, OLY; Leslie Scherer, WAL; Lynn Serra, WBR; Lew Daniels, WSB; Alan Hagyard, Andy Gardner, Rick Widlansky, Matt Beardsley, LION. George Duffy, Lance Zishs, Accountants.
ABSENT: MTC, NWC
I. CALL TO ORDER: at 9:15 AM by President Peter Ciparelli at the Russell Library in Middletown, Connecticut.
II. ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Kelly M. moved and Leslie S. seconded a motion to approve the December 13, 2005 Annual meeting minutes. Motion passed unanimously.
V. ANNUAL REPORTS
1. Auditor’s report: George Duffy, CPA, reviewed LION’s annual financial statement and explained that the depreciation of the cost of equipment over the past few years created an excess of expenses in the report to the amount of $85,115. There is no depreciation for the III purchase in this report, it will be depreciated over 5 years beginning next year. The $1M which includes the old system, will be fully depreciated and removed from next years report. He noted that the overall financial picture of the organization is healthy. Each board member received a copy of Mr. Duffy’s report for their files.
2. President’s Report: distributed by Peter Ciparelli
3. Executive Director’s Report: distributed by Alan Hagyard
4. Associate Director’s Report: distributed by Andy Gardner
5. System Manager’s Report: distributed by Rick Widlansky
6. Computer Network Manager’s Report: distributed by Matt Beardsley.
VI. OFFICIAL DESIGNATION OF LION BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Associate Director Andy Gardner collected and filed all 2007 Board designation forms.
VII. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT: Gale Bradbury reported for the Nominating Committee. She moved that the slate of officers for 2007 be elected as follows:
- President: Mary Fiorelli
- Vice President: Bridget Quinn-Carey
- Secretary: Kathy Rieger
- Treasurer: Kelly Marszycki
President Peter Ciparelli called for nominations from the floor. Hearing none, he called the question. The secretary was directed to cast one vote for the slate of officers. Motion passed unanimously.
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS: None
IX. ADJOURNMENT Lydia Main moved to adjourn at 9:30 AM. Seconded by Mary F. Motion passed unanimously.
Bridget Quinn-Carey, Secretary