Minutes of the ANNUAL LION Board Meeting
December 13, 2005
Russell Library, Middletown, Connecticut
PRESENT: Valerie Kilmartin, DUR; Marie Shaw, ELH; Lydia Main, ELY; Bridget Quinn-Carey, ESX; Ann Penfield, HAD; Gale Bradbury, LED; Sandy Long, MAD; Paula Soares, MDT; Peter Ciparelli, NLN; Linda Summers, NWC; Mary Fiorelli, OLY; Suzanne Risley, MTC; Betty Page, STC; Leslie Scherer, WAL; Jan Day, WBR; Lew Daniels, WSB; Joan Gillespie, Andy Gardner, Rick Widlansky, Matt Beardsley, LION.
ABSENT: BRB, EHP, EHR, GUI
I. CALL TO ORDER: at 9:05 AM by President Peter Ciparelli at the Russell Library in Middletown, Connecticut.
II. ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Mary Fiorelli moved and Lydia Main seconded a motion to approve the December 14, 2004 minutes. Motion passed unanimously.
V. ANNUAL REPORTS
1. Auditor’s report: George Duffy, CPA, reviewed LION’s annual financial statement and explained that the depreciation of the cost of the IBM computers and other equipment, as well as the timing of the purchase, created an excess of expenses in the report. However, the overall financial picture of the organization is healthy, and each board member received a copy of Mr. Duffy’s report for their files.
2. President’s Report: distributed by Peter Ciparelli
3. Executive Director’s Report: distributed by Joan Gillespie
4. Associate Director’s Report: distributed by Andy Gardner
5. System Manager’s Report: distributed by Rick Widlansky
6. Personal Computer Network Manager’s Report: distributed by Matt Beardsley.
VI. OFFICIAL DESIGNATION OF LION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Associate Director Andy Gardner collected and filed all 2006 Board designation forms.
VII. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT:
1. Mary Fiorelli reported for the Nominating Committee. She moved that the slate of officers for 2006 be elected as follows:
President: Peter Ciparelli
Vice President: Mary Fiorelli
Secretary: Bridget Quinn-Carey
Treasurer: Kelly Marszycki
President Peter Ciparelli called for nominations from the floor. Hearing none, he called the question. Motion passed unanimously.
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS: None
Jan Day moved to adjourn at 9:15 AM. Seconded by Valerie Kilmartin. Motion passed unanimously.
Bridget Quinn-Carey, Secretary