Minutes of the Annual LION Board Meeting
Russell Library, Middletown
December 14, 2004
PRESENT: Cindy Shirshac, DUR; Sue Berescik, EHP; Kelly Marszycki, EHR; Marie Shaw, ELH; Bridget Quinn-Carey, ESX; Nancy Wardell, GUI/CIRC; Ann Penfield, HAD; Gale Bradbury, LED; Bonny Albanese, MAD; Paula Soares, MDT; Vince Juliano, MDT; Sandy Brooks, MTC; Roxanne Moreau, MRD; Peter Ciparelli, NLN; Linda Summers, NWC; Mary Fiorelli, OLY; Betty Page, STC; Leslie Scherer, WAL; Jan Day, WBR; Lew Daniels, WSB; Joan Gillespie, Mark Hewes, Rick Widlansky, Matt Beardsley, LION. George Duffy, CPA/Auditor.
ABSENT: BRB; ELY
I. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Gale Bradbury at 9:15 a.m. at the Russell Library in Middletown, CT.
II. ADDTIONS TO THE AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
IV. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
Jan Day moved and Peter Ciparelli seconded that the minutes of the December 16, 2003 Annual Meeting be approved. Motion passed unanimously.
V. Annual Reports
1. Auditor’s report: George Duffy reported that LION is in good financial shape but noted that the cash reserves had been reduced by $297,000 spent on the PC project and related equipment and $74,000 spent on telecom related costs. His report was distributed and is on file.
2. Presidents’ report: Gale thanked the LION staff and committees. Her written report is on file.
3. Executive Director’s report: Joan thanked the board and staff. Her written report is on file.
4. Associate Director’s report: Mark provided a very detailed report of statistics and LION-wide usage figures. He noted the continued increase in use of the online catalog and patron self service features.
5. System Manager’s report: Rick reported that the telecom and PC projects were the focus of 2004 for both he and Matt.
VI. Official Designation of LION Board of Directors
Mark collected the designation forms from official voting member for the LION board. Annual designation forms were due at this meeting.
VII. Nomination Committee Report
Marie Shaw reported for the Committee on the proposed slate of offers for 2005:
- President, Peter Ciparelli
- Vice-President, Mary Fiorelli
- Treasurer, Sue Berescik
- Secretary, Bridget Quinn-Carey
Gale Bradbury opened the nominations to the floor. None were heard.
VIII. Other business: None.
IX. ADJOURN: Mary F. moved to adjourn at 9:38 AM. Motion passed unanimously.
Bridget Quinn-Carey, Secretary