Minutes of the Annual LION Board Meeting
December 18, 2001
Russell Library, Middletown
PRESENT: Valerie Harrod, DUR; Marie Shaw, ELH; Lydia Main, ELY; Bridget Quinn-Carey, ESX; Sandy Ruoff, GUI; Krystyne Pileszczak , HAD; Gayle Bradbury, LED; Sandy Long, MAD; Linda Rusczek, MDT; Suzanne Risley, MTC; Peter Ciparelli, NLN; Mary Fiorelli, OLY; Elsie Jenkins, NWC; Betty Page, STC; Leslie Scherer, WAL; Jan Day, WBR; Lew Daniels, WSB; Nancy Wardell, GUI/CIRC; Ed Murray, Mark Hewes, Ellen Dunn, LION; George Duffy, CPA; ABSENT: BRB, EHP, MDF, MRD
I. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by President Sandy Ruoff at 9:15 a.m. at the Russell Library, Middletown, CT.
II. ADDTIONS TO THE AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT:
IV. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Peter Ciparelli moved and Valerie Harrod seconded a motion that the minutes of the December 19, 2000 Annual Meeting be approved. Motion passed.
1. George Duffy, CPA, distributed a report and made the following comments:
· The organization is in excellent financial health, with approximately
$50,000 in excess revenue.
Lydia Main moved to accept the report, with a second by Jan Day. Motion passed.
2. Sandy Ruoff, President, distributed her report and thanked staff for a good year.
3. Ed Murray, Executive Director, distributed his report and reviewed highlights of the past year.
4. Mark Hewes, Associate Director, reported on highlights of the last year including bibliographic database improvements.
VI. OFFICIAL DESIGNATION OF LION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Completed by mail and fax previous to meeting
VII. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT
Valerie Harrod reported that the slate of officers for the next year is:
President: Sandy Ruoff
Vice President: Jan Day
Secretary: Bridget Quinn-Carey
Treasurer: Linda Rusczek
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS
Gail Bradbury moved and Leslie Scherer seconded a motion to adjourn. Motion passed.
Bridget Quinn-Carey (ESX), Secretary